Monday, May 24, 2010

A true testament of life after death.


Earl Miller
1933-2010

My grandpa "Papa" passed away on May 1, 2010. I got to be there with him as he took his last breath. It was a bitter/sweet moment. I am sad because we will all miss him so much, especially my kids, but I know that he is in a better place and is no longer in pain.
They loved going over to papa's and Grandma's house. During the last few months of his life, he would always say that It was the Grand Kids that kept him going. He adored them.

It was about 4 days after Papa died. About 8:00 a.m. I heard Peyton talking in her room. I laid there for a minute and she stopped. About 9:00 a.m I thought "I better go and check on her". I opened the door to her room a little to peak in and she was just laying there as content as can be looking around. As soon as she saw me come in she jumped up and kept saying "Papa, Papa, Papa".
I said "Papa"? and Peyton said "Yeah Papa's biting". I said "he's biting" and she said "yeah he's biting my fingers".
(Papa would always act like he was biting her fingers when she would go over there).
So I called my mom and said "either Earl is here with Peyton or she is dreaming about him" and proceeded to tell my mom what Peyton had said.
When I was on the phone telling my mom, Peyton kept saying "Papa, Papa" and pointing to her room.
I said where is Papa Peyton and she said "in my bed, he's biting my fingers".
I truly believe that he was there with her that morning in her room. I've always heard people say that the Veil between Heaven and a child is very thin, and that they can see/sense things that we as adults cannot.
He is our guarding angel now.
We love you Papa!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh, that makes me cry Andria. I believe that too, that the veil is very thin for those innocent children. Amazing...